Three days Trip from Bangalore to Rameswaram to Bangalore, If you are a Couple riding on Bike or You are a Family driving in Car, then this three days plan works very well. Below is the route mentioned where you can plan accordingly, if at all you need to spend some more time in some place in the list, you can skip the next place in the planned route. Rameshwaram is a small Hindu pilgrimage town and is considered to be one of the reverenced places to visit in Tamil Nadu.
Bangalore -> Pamban Bridge -> Rameswaram -> Dhanushkodi -> Bangalore
Bangalore -> Pamban Bridge
- Time & Distance: 12 hr 30 min (630 km) - Including small breaks
- Leaving Bangalore at evening 6:00 would be good choice, so that you would be reaching early morning 6:00 or 6:30 at Pamban Bridge.
- Road is very good and you can see bit traffic of heavy vehicles during night.. At every toll plaza you get something to eat and have small breaks.
- You will be riding/driving via Hosur, Krishnagiri, Dharmapuri, Salem (you have to take right from here), Karur, Dindigul, Madurai (you have to take left from here), Ramanathapuram..
- At Pamban Bridge you will see a great view of the sea either side. That will be really nice experience.. Can spend some time..
Pamban Bridge -> Rameswaram
- Drive towards Rameswaram, you have 15 Km drive.. Get into a hotel and fresh up.. Have breakfast..
- Go to Agni Teertham (sea) you can take pujas or just get into water and enjoy.. their are sharp stones inside, not like any other sea shore or beach..
- Around 12:30 - 1:00 Visit Ramanathaswamy Temple, Temple have a divine view and you will have around 1 to 1.5 hr inside temple..
- Have rest in after that, and in the evening you can visit Abdul Kamal house nearby and spend some time in the evening market..
- Next day, make a list of all Teerthas in Rameswaram, their are 64 (few inside temple and few in Rameswaram) [link] and Visit each as per route. You will have a different experience and you would have travelled almost all the places in the Island.
- Have rest in after that, Next day you can visit Dhanushkodi.. Actually Dhanushkodi is also one of the 64 Teerthas.. But you can do more in Dhanushkodi..
Rameswaram -> Dhanushkodi
- Next day morning, after breakfast, drive towards Dhanushkodi, you have 20 Km drive.. once reached, park your vehicle at the junction where you have way to walk towards Dhanushkodi Tail Beach.
- Get packed some food, clothes and walk towards the Dhanushkodi Tail Beach, you will see yourself in between sea, great view.. Not a isolated place, but you feel its isolated because of water around you..
- You can spend time till afternoon or till 3 PM - 4 PM playing in the Beach..
- In the evening, pack you luggage and make a return journey Bangalore..
Dhanushkodi -> Bangalore
- Same route in the return as well, road is very nice and it would take more or less same time to reach bangalore.
Note: Have another person or more in you vehicle, who can drive.. so that you share the driving.. If you are on two wheeler, both should be good riders..