As we brush our teeth twice a day in such cases as well, do we really need teeth cleaning? And why does the Dentist say to have teeth cleaning in such cases also?.
Let’s understand what it is actually from a Dentist.
In Dental terminology, teeth cleaning is referred to as "Scaling". So what is this "Scaling"? While you visit a Dentist for Scaling, a Dentist will use an Ultrasonic Scaler that has ultrasonic tips, which is used to remove the hard calculus by minimal pressure in a vibrating motion, so that our normal teeth structure remains the same & also teeth color remains same.
How does this hard calculus form on Teeth?
The food we daily consume will stick to your teeth in regions where our brush can't reach, like the interproximal region. Prolong adaptation of food particles becomes harder and sticks to the surrounding teeth region which is yellow in colour called as calculus in dental terminology.
What does this Calculus do?
Calculus which is yellow in colour sticks to teeth in the gingival region (i.e gums region). By this slowly inflammation of gums will start where gums colour change from pink to red. Later, Bleeding of gums is seen while brushing the teeth, which leads to gingivitis.
Slowly, for a prolonged period of time teeth which have calculus leads to shaking of teeth, losing of teeth called periodontal disease where teeth bone had lost.. So finally the teeth will become loose.
What Dentist say?
- Dentist says to get your teeth cleaned every 6 months or once a year.
- Change your brush every 3 months.
- Use an ultra soft bristle toothbrush as recommended by your dentist.
- Use mouthwash which is recommended by your dentist.
- Do a general dental check up every 6 months.
- Use dental floss in between the teeth contact region as recommended by your Dentist.
- Use an interdental brush in regions as recommended by your dentist.
- Use toothpaste recommended by your dentist.
By following the above tips & cleaning of your teeth regularly, you can take good care of your teeth.
In Yelahanka, Bangalore, you can reach out to Dr. Jyothi S N, where our dentist looks forward to working with you to help you in keeping good oral health . Call us today at (+91) 9844228385 or Visit our clinic.