Lets see the background,
In 1992, India signed an agreement with Russia..
- Aggrement was for transfer of technology to develop cryogenic fuel-based engines and procurement of two such engines for ₹ 235 crore.
- However, Russia did not materialize after the US president George H. W. Bush wrote to Russia, raising objections against the transfer of technology.
- Even US had threated to blacklist Russia from the select-five club at that time.
- Russia, under Boris Yeltsin, succumbed to the pressure and denied the technology to India.
In 1994, Nambi Narayanan was charged with leaking vital defence secrets pertained to highly confidential "flight test data" from experiments with rocket and satellite launches.
In May 1996, the charges were dismissed as phony by the CBI.
In April 1998, the charges were dismissed by the Supreme Court of India.
On 7 November 2013, Narayanan pushed for justice in his case, seeking to expose those behind the conspiracy. He says that this case will discourage the youth
For a while, lets keep aside the Charges and Justice given to Nambi..
Let's see, Why Nambi Narayanan said - this case will 'discourage' the youth..!
- "IB officials, who were interrogating him wanted him to make false accusations against the top brass of ISRO." - Nambi claims.
- "Two IB officials had asked him to implicate A. E. Muthunayagam, his boss & then Director of Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC)" - Nambi claims.
- When he refused to comply, he was tortured until he collapsed and was hospitalised.
- His main complaint against ISRO is that it did not support him.
- Krishnaswamy Kasturirangan, who was ISRO chairman at the time stated that ISRO could not interfere in a legal matter.
We might have not seen Nambi Narayanan in such a state today, if IB officials or then ISRO would have done their job (yes, they didn't do their job).
We don't know but their might be many players, including Business, Police, Politics, an Individuals cowardness or indivduals selfish.
But, all these factors made this 'ISRO spy scandal' issue.
Nambi Narayanan was a normal citizen and a scientist at ISRO, who was doing his job. But situations and selfish people stopped him from doing his job.
What youth or What people should see at it is, We should not get discouraged to be productive to our country. We should learn from it and deal it in a perfect way.