Good smiles from kids makes us smile more and keep us happy. But how to make your kids teeth healthy from initial stages. Within this article, I will be sharing a few basic tips to keep your kids teeth healthy & strong.
Here are few basic measures to be taken by every parent to keep their kids teeth healthy & strong.
- A baby generally of age 0 - 6 months has a milk teeth eruption, where the Gum pad (milk teeth erupting region) of the baby should be cleaned by wet cotton by the mother.
- Every child from infant age that is when first milk teeth erupt, should start visiting a dentist every 6 months for a general check up.
- Avoid chocolate and candy in between the meals as chocolates contain sugar substitutes, which promotes aerobic and anaerobic bacteria to grow in the mouth which lead to tooth decay in a slow process.
- For kids in dental clinics, office fluoride varnish application helps to reduce decay in caries prone patients, this is done from the age of 6 months (first milk teeth eruption) - 5 years of age.
- Also, No sweets in between meals, avoid eating sugary items in between meals.
- Avoid use of pacifiers to the baby at sleeping time which prolongs growth of bacteria in the mouth at night.
- Use pea size toothpaste for kids which contain fluoride in it.
- Change a kid's toothbrush every 3 months with attractive cartoon brushes.
- Make kids brush twice a day.
- Eat healthy diet food which contains nutritional supplements.
Following the above measures, a parent can take good care of a Kids teeth from an early stage itself.
And in Yelahanka, Bangalore, you can reach out to Dr. Jyothi S N, where I look forward to working with you to help you in keeping your kids teeth healthy & strong. Call us today at (+91) 9844228385 or Visit our clinic.