Three days Trip from Bangalore Ooty Bangalore, If you are a Couple riding on Bike or You are a Family driving in Car, then this three days plan works very well. Below is the route mentioned where you can plan accordingly, if at all you need to spend some more time in some place in the list, you can skip the next place in the planned route. Ooty known as the Queen of the hill stations in South India, It is a magical experience for people looking for a peaceful and scenic retreat.
Bangalore Mysore Theppakadu (take left) Ooty Gudalur Theppakadu Mysore BangaloreBangalore Mysore
- Time & Distance: 3 hr 21 min (143 km)
- Leave Bangalore as soon as possible in the morning, 4:00 / 4:30 so that you reach somewhere between 8:00 - 8:30
- Have Breakfast around 9:00 - 10:00
- Time & Distance: 1 hr 54 min (90 km)
- You will be passing through Bandipur Forest, you can see lot of Deers and sometimes any animals.
- Time & Distance: 1 hr 10 min (35.5 km)
- Take Left from Theppakadu, its a narrow road you will enjoy driving.. and their are 36 hairpin bends along the way, which your vehicle can cross if in a good condition and afcourse you much be a good driver.
- You will come across many scenic view points on the Hill..
- You might reach Ooty around 2:00 - 2:30, have lunch over their..
- Drive towards Doddabetta Peak at an altitude of 2637 meters, highest peak in south india. On the Nilgiris, it offers marvelous views. you can see the gorgeous views of Bandipur National Park, it has the jaw-dropping views and sceneries.
- You can spend 2-3 hours on the Doddabetta Peak, enjoy the nature. Leave by 6:30 and Drive towards the hotel / homestay / camps, take rest for the night..
- Next Day morning, get into the Toy train by 9:00 and travel towards Coonoor, you will have a great view of the mountaines, train will be passing through, its 1 hour 15 ride.. Return back from the Coonoor in the toy train, by afternoon you will be in Ooty..
- You can visit to the Rose Garden or Horse riding, which are nearby..
- Around evening, you can go for the Boating, you will have a great time in the Lake.. Take rest to for the night..
- Next day morning around 8:00, Visit ELK Murgan Temple, you will a small temple by a very good view.
- Drive towards the Tea Factory, which opens at 9:00.. on the way you can see the Ketti Vally View Point, tea fields, grassy plains & hillside vistas of wildflowers, with rustic lodges nearby.. Visit the Tea Factory and you can spend 1-2 hours their, good experience..
- By 11:30 - 12:00 Drive towards Bangalore, It's other route, you have to go via Gudalur.
- While leaving Ooty on the way to Gudalur (around 15-20 Km), you will see the Pykara Lake & waterfalls, you can spend 1-2 hours and leave Ooty.
- After crossing Gudalur, you will pass through Mudumalai Tiger Reserve and Bandipura Forest, you can go for the Safari, if time permits.
- Once you cross the TN-KA border, you can reach Mysure by evening and can have dinner anywhere on the Highway, till Ramanagara you can find hotels on the Highway.
Hope you like, Three days Trip from Bangalore Ooty Bangalore. If you feel you need to spend some time in between you can skip one and plan your trip accordingly.