Are you afraid of eating any food which is hot or cold or sweet or sour? If yes, then u might be suffering from tooth sensitivity. In this article, we're gonna get dentist advice for, What causes tooth sensitivity? And What should you do if you have tooth sensitivity? And what should you not do if you have tooth sensitivity?
So, let's see what our dentist says..
Causes of tooth sensitivity?
- Aggressive brushing of your teeth.
- Using a hard bristle toothbrush.
- Night grinding.
- Brushing your teeth for more than 2 minutes.
- Continuous use of acidic beverages like cold drinks for prolonged time.
What to do if you have tooth sensitivity?
Check yourself how you are brushing your teeth and have a change in your routine brushing. Our dentist will suggest following proper brushing tips.
- Brush twice daily with a soft bristled toothbrush.
- Use desensitising toothpaste and mouthwash as recommended by your dentist.
- Use a bite guard if you clench your teeth at night.
- Consult your dentist for proper brushing techniques.
If there is no change in a couple of weeks, Do consult your dentist immediately.
What not to do, if you have tooth sensitivity?
- Don't self medicate.
- Don't brush horizontally, it exposes the tooth root.
- Don't over brush or use high abrasive toothpaste.
- Don't brush immediately after consumption of acidic beverages like cold drinks.
- Don't prick your tooth with metal objects.
By following the above measures, you can take good care of your teeth from tooth sensitivity.
In Yelahanka, Bangalore, you can reach out to Dr. Jyothi S N, where our dentist looks forward to working with you to help you in keeping your teeth healthy & strong. Call us today at (+91) 9844228385 or Visit our clinic.