There are many reasons for Madanapalle to be the headquarters of the proposed Annamayya district in almost all aspects. Madanapalle is a city in the Chittoor district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. Madanapalli was founded by Sri Maadanna in 1618 AD. One of the oldest towns. In 1850, Madanapalle was developed as Sub Division and had the First Sub Collector.
Rabindranath Tagore translated Jana Gana Mana from Bengali to English and also set it to music in Madanapalle. Margaret Cousins (the wife of educationist, Dr. James Henry Cousins) composed the tune for Jana Gana Mana. Dr. J H Cousins was then the Principal of the Madanapalle College was established by Dr. Annie Besant. Besant Theosophical College was founded on the 19th July 1915 through the pioneering efforts of Dr. Annie Wood Besant. Since then, the College is running.
These are a few things that happened in Madanapalle history like these, there are many others in the Madanapalle.
Geography & Demography:
- There are 21 villages that come under Madanapalle.
- Madanapalle has pleasantly mild, to warm summers with average high temperatures of 30 to 35 °C.
- Temperatures do not exceed 40 °C and winters are cold with temperatures between 7 and 15 °C.
- Madanapalle has a 119,992 population.
- The average literacy rate stands at 81.40%, significantly higher than the national average of 73.00%.
- The Economy is based on agriculture and main products include tomato, mango, groundnut, tamarind, and Silk Saris.
- Madanapalle is famous for agricultural products such as tomato, mango, groundnut, tamarind, etc.
- Madanapalle is the Biggest Tomato market in Asia. The tomatoes from here are supplied to most of the southern states & some of the northern states of India.
- Madanapalle is producing one of the best Silk Sarees products in India.
- Madanapalle is very well connected by road and rail.
- There are three Bus terminals in Madanapalle. Connected to different parts of the district, state, and interstate – Bangalore (KA), Mysore (KA), Bellary (KA) and Chennai (TN), Vellore (TN).
- There are three National Highways and One Major State Highway passes through Madanapalle (NH 42 - Madanapalle to Naidupeta Via Pileru, NH 71 - Uravakonda to Krishnagiri Via Kuppam, NH 340 - Kadapa to Bangalore)
- Madanapalle has long-standing educational institutions like Besant Theosophical College, First Degree college in Rayalaseema Region.
- Rishi Valley School, a boarding school, founded by the philosopher Jiddu Krishnamurti, Under the Management of Krishnamurthy Foundation of India.
- Zilla Parishad High School, which was founded in 1924, Vasishta School (ICSE, AP State Syllabus) which was founded in 1981.
- Madanapalle also has five Engineering colleges, Madanapalle Institute of Technology and Science, Sir Vishveshwaraiah Institute of Science & Technology, Aditya College of Engineering, Golden Valley Integrated Campus & Viswam Group of Institutions.
- There are notable Intermediate and many schools in Madanapalle.
- The government of Andhra Pradesh is planning to establish Government Medical College near Madanapalle and land acquisition has started.
Education is at its best in Madanapalle and it has produces many Engineers at best to the Country. Even there are many spiritual places at Madanapalli like The Satsang Foundation Campus.
If we see from the perspective of Economy & Education, Madapalle is at its best. And its near to a couple of the biggest Metro cities Bangalore & Chennai. Can become one of the Village IT Hub in India.
If Madanapalli is given importance and given the identity of District Headquarters of proposed Annamayya District, many revenue-related works which are already happening in Madanapalle can be taken to next level in Technical aspects & Functional aspects.
There are many other aspects related to Education, Economy & Administration that make Madanapalli one of the best, but for being District Headquarters, Administration should be at its best (which is good now in Madanapalle).