Solo trip from Bangalore to Hampi can be a fascinating journey, as you'll get to explore the historical ruins, ancient temples, and unique rock formations of this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here's a suggested itinerary for your trip:
Bangalore -> Chitradurga -> Hampi -> Chitradurga -> Bangalore
Day 1: Bangalore to Hampi
- Start your trip early in the morning from Bangalore.
- The distance between Bangalore and Hampi is approximately 340 kilometers, and it takes around 6-7 hours by road.
- Take the route via Chitradurga to reach Hampi.
- Enjoy the scenic drive through the rural landscapes and rocky terrain.
- Reach Hampi by afternoon.
- Check into your accommodation and take some time to relax and freshen up.
- In the afternoon, you can start exploring the Hampi Bazaar and the nearby Virupaksha Temple, which is one of the oldest functioning temples in India.
- Witness the stunning sunset from the Hemakuta Hill, where you'll get panoramic views of the Hampi ruins.
- Spend the night in Hampi.
Day 2: Exploring Hampi
- Start your day by visiting the famous attractions in Hampi.
- Begin with a visit to the Vittala Temple Complex, known for its iconic Stone Chariot and musical pillars.
- Explore the Royal Enclosure, which includes structures like the Lotus Mahal, Elephant Stables, and Queen's Bath.
- Visit the Hazara Rama Temple, known for its exquisite carvings depicting the Ramayana.
- Explore the Hampi Bazaar and the neighboring monuments like the Monolithic Bull (Nandi), the Ugra Narasimha Statue, and the Sasivekalu Ganesha.
- In the afternoon, you can take a coracle ride on the Tungabhadra River and visit the nearby Anegundi village.
- If time permits, you can also visit the picturesque Matanga Hill, the Achyutaraya Temple, or the Hampi Archaeological Museum.
- In the evening, you can enjoy a sunset view from the Hemakuta Hill or relax by the riverside.
- Spend another night in Hampi.
Day 3: Riverside Temples and Departure
- Start your day by visiting the riverside temples of Hampi.
- Explore the Krishna Temple, which offers a beautiful view of the Tungabhadra River.
- Visit the Virupapur Gadde (Hippie Island), known for its laid-back ambiance and cafes.
- You can also visit the Hanuman Temple, located on the other side of the river, accessible by boat.
- In the afternoon, start your journey back to Bangalore.
- Reach Bangalore by late evening and conclude your solo trip to Hampi with beautiful memories.
Please note that this itinerary provides a general outline for your trip, and you can modify it according to your preferences and the time you have available. Make sure to check the current travel guidelines, road conditions, and weather forecasts before embarking on your journey. Enjoy your solo adventure in Hampi!