Two to Three days trip from Bangalore to Kochi, If you are Solo riding on a MotorBike or You are a Family driving in a Car, then this two to three days plan works very well to cover Kochi and one couple more quick visits in Mysore, Ooty and Coimbatore on the way.
Kochi, called as Queen of the Arabian Sea, is one of the major port cities in the coast of India and also has trading from 14th century onwards.
Main attraction in Kochi is its Backwaters (you can travel by boat from island to island, it's new and nice for people who regularly travel on road). And Fort Kochi is a historical place, with a few famous Palaces and famous Churches. And other Islands like Willingdon, Bolgatty, Kumbalangi and few more.
Bangalore -> Mysore -> Ooty -> Coimbatore -> Kochi -> Coimbator -> Salem -> Bangalore
(I suggest while going from Bangalore start early morning and on return from Kochi start in the evening or night)
Bangalore -> Mysore -> Ooty -> Coimbatore -> Kochi
- Start around 3:00 AM or 3:30 AM in the morning so that you can reach Kochi around 9:00 PM, by visiting a couple of places on the way.
- You reach Mysore around 6:00 AM, you get an early morning view of Mysore palace (from outside) and head towards Bandipur forest.
- Bandipur forest around 7:00 AM or 8:00 AM will be very nice covered with Moist and you can see animals like Deers, Peacocks, Monkeys and sometimes Elephants. Don’t stop, but drive slow and enjoy the moments.
- Have breakfast at the Karnataka and Tamilnadu border and head towards Ooty. Road towards Ooty has some good hairpin bends and you will enjoy the drive.
- You can visit the place which you like most, like Pykara falls and spend an hour of time there.
- Next head towards Coimbatore, again you see a good hairpin bend and have good views of the mountains. After reaching Coimbator, If time permits visit Isha foundation.
- Then head towards Kochi, from Coimbatore to Kochi. It is a NH 544 highway and you can maintain cruising speed. And try to take a rest.
- Start early morning around 5:00 AM and reach Marine Drive and take a boat from Marine Drive to Fort Kochi (here you have a public boat transport) and in 10 mins to 15 mins, you will be dropped at Fort Kochi.
- Around 6:00 AM, the view of the fishing nets are quite beautiful. Take a walk on the trail of Vasco da gama square along with the fishing nets, you can spend an hour or so.
- Next, rent a bicycle or an auto to travel all the Fort Kochi (there are many places nearby within a radius of 2 KM to 3 KM). And you can spend the whole day here in the Fort Kochi area.
- Indian Naval Maritime Museum
- St. Francis CSI Church
- Mattancherry Palace
- Santa Cruz Cathedral Basilica Fort Kochi
- Indo-Portuguese Museum
- Fort Kochi Beach
- Next day, take the same route, reach Marine Drive and take a boat from Marine Drive, and reach Willingdon island, spend some time there and then Take a boat to Vypin Island, where you get a great view of Fort Kochi Island. Take a boat to Bolgatty Island and visit Bolgatty Palace. Around 3:00 PM head back to Marine Drive and spend the evening in Marine Drive. Places to visit in Willingdon island, Vypin Island and Bolgatty Island.
- Willingdon island Park Walkway
- Fort Vypin Beach Park
- Bolgatty Palace
- Next day, start early in the morning and visit Kumbalangi. It is a peaceful place and a small village where you get to see local life and see the fishing nets. Small boat rides are available, try them, you will enjoy them. Worth visiting. If you are enjoying nature, spend till evening else leave early.
Kochi -> Coimbator -> Salem -> Bangalore
- From Kochi to Salem, it is NH 544 and from Salem to Bangalore it is NH 44. Roads are really good and many food stops are available on the route. It would take 9 hrs to 11 hrs of journey time.
Few more additional inputs
- There are few famous temples around which you can visit, like Ettumanoor Shiva Temple, Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple, Kaduthuruthy Thali Sree Mahadeva Temple, Sree Poornathrayeesa Temple, Jain Temple, Vaikom Mahadeva Temple, Vamanamoorthy Temple.
- You can visit Alappuzha (or Alleppey).
- You can take a Waterway ride on NW3 (National Waterway 3) from Marine Drive to Kollam (Good ride).
To conclude, you might have a clear picture of how to plan your trip from Bangalore to Kochi and the places to visit in Kochi. Thanks for reading the article, for more travel related articles read our peoples blog articles.