Solo trip from Bangalore to Coorg can be a wonderful experience, as you'll get to explore the lush green landscapes, coffee plantations, and serene natural beauty of this hill station in Karnataka. Here's a suggested itinerary for your journey:
Bangalore -> Mysore -> Coorg -> Madikeri -> Mysore -> Bangalore
Day 1: Bangalore to Coorg
- Start your trip early in the morning from Bangalore.
- The distance between Bangalore and Coorg is approximately 270 kilometers, and it takes around 5-6 hours by road.
- Take the route via Mysore to reach Coorg.
- Enjoy the scenic drive through the countryside, passing through small towns and beautiful landscapes.
- Reach Coorg by afternoon or early evening.
- Check into your accommodation and take some time to relax and freshen up.
- In the evening, you can take a leisurely stroll around the town or explore the nearby coffee plantations.
- Spend the night in Coorg.
Day 2: Exploring Coorg
- Start your day by visiting the popular attractions in Coorg.
- Begin with a visit to the famous Abbey Falls, a picturesque waterfall surrounded by lush greenery.
- Head to the Dubare Elephant Camp, where you can interact with elephants, go for an elephant ride, or even participate in the elephant bathing session.
- Visit the Namdroling Monastery, also known as the Golden Temple, which is a significant Tibetan Buddhist monastery in the region.
- Explore the Talacauvery and Bhagamandala, the origin points of the river Cauvery, and witness the confluence of three rivers.
- In the afternoon, you can visit the Raja's Seat, a beautiful garden with a breathtaking view of the surrounding hills and valleys.
- If time permits, you can also visit attractions like Madikeri Fort, Nagarhole National Park, or Iruppu Falls.
- In the evening, enjoy a cup of locally grown coffee and savor some delicious Coorgi cuisine.
- Spend another night in Coorg.
Day 3: Outdoor Activities and Departure
- Start your day by experiencing some outdoor activities in Coorg.
- You can go for a nature walk or trek in the beautiful hills, explore the coffee plantations, or indulge in adventure activities like river rafting or zip-lining.
- Visit the serene Mandalpatti Viewpoint, which offers panoramic views of the surrounding valleys and hills.
- Explore the picturesque coffee estates and learn about the process of coffee cultivation and production.
- In the afternoon, start your journey back to Bangalore.
- Reach Bangalore by late evening and conclude your solo trip to Coorg with beautiful memories.
Please note that this itinerary provides a general outline for your trip, and you can modify it according to your preferences and the time you have available. Make sure to check the current travel guidelines, road conditions, and weather forecasts before embarking on your journey. Enjoy your solo adventure in Coorg.