Solo trip from Bangalore to Munnar can be a delightful experience, as you'll get to explore the picturesque tea plantations, misty hills, and serene lakes of this charming hill station in Kerala. Here's a suggested itinerary for your journey,
Bangalore -> Salem -> Dindigul -> Munnar -> Salem -> Bangalore
Day 1: Bangalore to Munnar
- Start your trip early in the morning from Bangalore.
- The distance between Bangalore and Munnar is approximately 470 kilometers, and it takes around 9-10 hours by road.
- Take the route via Salem and Dindigul to reach Munnar.
- Its a smooth highway untill you reach Dindigul, later you can enjoy the scenic drive through the Western Ghats, passing through lush green landscapes and tea estates.
- Reach Munnar by late afternoon or early evening.
- Check into your accommodation and take some time to relax and freshen up.
- In the evening, you can explore the local markets and enjoy a leisurely walk around the charming town.
- Spend the night in Munnar.
Day 2: Exploring Munnar
- Start your day by visiting the famous attractions in and around Munnar.
- Begin with a visit to the Mattupetty Dam, a scenic spot known for its beautiful reservoir and surrounding tea gardens.
- Explore the Echo Point, where you can shout out your name and hear it echo back.
- Visit the Kundala Lake, a serene lake nestled amidst lush green valleys and rolling hills.
- Head to the Top Station, the highest point in Munnar, offering breathtaking views of the Western Ghats and the neighboring state of Tamil Nadu.
- In the afternoon, you can visit the Eravikulam National Park, home to the endangered Nilgiri Tahr and a variety of flora and fauna.
- If time permits, you can also visit attractions like the Tea Museum, Pothamedu Viewpoint, or the Rose Garden.
- In the evening, enjoy a peaceful stroll through the tea gardens and indulge in some local tea tasting.
- Spend another night in Munnar.
Day 3: Outdoor Activities and Departure
- Start your day by experiencing some outdoor activities in Munnar.
- You can go for a nature walk or hike in the beautiful hills surrounding Munnar and enjoy the tranquility of the surroundings.
- Visit the picturesque Tea Gardens and learn about the tea-making process in one of the tea estates.
- Explore the nearby Anamudi, the highest peak in South India, and enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding valleys and hills.
- In the afternoon, start your journey back to Bangalore.
- Reach Bangalore by late evening and conclude your solo trip to Munnar with beautiful memories.
Please note that this itinerary provides a general outline for your trip, and you can modify it according to your preferences and the time you have available. Make sure to check the current travel guidelines, road conditions, and weather forecasts before embarking on your journey. Enjoy your solo adventure in Munnar.