A solo trip from Bangalore to Wayanad can be a delightful experience, as you'll get to explore the natural beauty and tranquility of this hill station in Kerala. Here's a suggested itinerary for your journey:
Bangalore -> Mysuru -> Gundlupete -> Wayanad -> Mysuru -> Bangalore
Day 1: Bangalore to Wayanad
- Start your journey early in the morning from Bangalore.
- The distance between Bangalore and Wayanad is approximately 280 kilometers, and it takes around 6-7 hours by road.
- Take the route via Mysore Road and Nanjangud to reach Wayanad.
- Enjoy the scenic drive through lush green landscapes and coffee plantations.
- Reach Wayanad by afternoon or early evening.
- Check into your accommodation and freshen up.
- In the evening, you can take a leisurely stroll around your resort or explore the nearby town for some local shopping and food experiences.
- Spend the night in Wayanad.
Day 2: Exploring Wayanad
- Start your day by visiting the popular attractions in Wayanad.
- Begin with a visit to the breathtaking Banasura Sagar Dam, which offers stunning views and boating opportunities.
- Head to the beautiful Pookode Lake, where you can enjoy a serene boat ride and take a walk in the surrounding gardens.
- Visit the ancient Edakkal Caves, famous for their prehistoric rock carvings and panoramic views of the surrounding area.
- Afterward, explore the Soochipara Waterfalls, also known as Sentinel Rock Waterfalls, where you can take a refreshing dip.
- If time permits, you can also visit attractions like Meenmutty Falls, Chembra Peak, or Thirunelli Temple.
- In the evening, enjoy a traditional Kerala meal and relax amidst the serene surroundings of Wayanad.
- Spend another night in Wayanad.
Day 3: Wayanad Wildlife and Departure
- Start your day by exploring the wildlife in Wayanad.
- Visit the Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, home to a variety of flora and fauna. Take a jeep safari or go for a nature walk to spot animals like elephants, tigers, and various species of birds.
- If you're interested in a unique experience, you can also visit the Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary or the Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Afterward, you can explore the tea and coffee plantations in Wayanad and learn about the process of tea or coffee production.
- In the afternoon, start your journey back to Bangalore.
- Reach Bangalore by late evening and conclude your solo trip to Wayanad with beautiful memories.
Please note that this itinerary provides a general outline for your trip, and you can modify it according to your preferences and the time you have available. Make sure to check the current travel guidelines, road conditions, and weather forecasts before embarking on your journey. Enjoy your solo adventure in Wayanad.