Two Days Trip from Bangalore to Gandikota to Bangalore, If you are a couple riding on a Bike or You are a Family driving in Car, then this two days plan works very well. Below is the route mentioned where you can plan accordingly.
A couple of the best places you can visit on the way or around are Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple in Kadiri & Belum Caves in Kolimigundla.
Bangalore -> Kadiri -> Gandikota -> Belum Caves -> Bangalore
1. Bangalore -> Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple in Kadiri
- Time & Distance: 3 hr 30 min (160 km) - Including small breaks
- Leaving Bangalore early morning would be a good choice, maybe around 5:00 or 5:30 to escape Bangalore traffic.
- The Kadiri town has derived its name from the famous legend of Sri Narasimha Swamy, where the Lord emerges from a Khadri tree to rescue his devotee Prahlada.
- Sri Krishna Devaraya made an effort in building a temple for Lord Narasimha which is now being visited by people all over the country.
- Temple would be open from 6:00 AM to 1:30 PM in the morning times, You can get into the temple around 10:00 or 10:30 you would be out by 1-2 hrs and drive towards your next destination.
2. Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple in Kadiri -> Gandikota
- Time & Distance: 3 hr 30 min (110 km) - Including small breaks & Lunch.
- You would reach around 4:00 or 5:00 at Gandikota, get a room where you can refresh and book a tent camping site (mostly you can get it from Hotel stay).
- Don’t miss the sunset and sunrise in the morning, If you are lucky, at night you would see a clear sky with moon & stars (really a great view)
- In the morning after sunrise, refresh yourself at the hotel with breakfast and visit the temple & fort (old ruins), you would be finishing this in 2-3 hrs hours. Great Canyon view would be great for photos etc.
- Next, drive towards your next destination Belum caves around 12:00 PM.
3. Gandikota -> Belum Caves
- Time & Distance: 2 hr 30 min (60 km) - Including Lunch
- The drive is short to Belum caves but you will have more hot temperature in the afternoons especially in the Rayalaseema area, It’s better you have a good break for lunch on the after, you get few options in Jammalamadugu.
- And one important thing, Belum caves would be closed by 4:30 PM, better you be at 2:00 or 2:30 so that you can spend 2hrs at Belum caves (yeah you would need 2 - 2.5 hrs to explore this place.)
- Next, drive towards Bangalore from Belum around 5:00 PM.
4. Belum Caves -> Bangalore
- Time & Distance: 6 hr 30 min (290 km) - Including small breaks & Dinner.
- After you start from Belum caves, you would be on NH44 after a couple of hours. You get better dining options on the highway.
- Around 12:00 midnight you would be in Bangalore (the road is good)
Note: Have another person or more in your vehicle, who can drive.. so that you share the driving. If you are on a two-wheeler, both should be good riders. Overall it’s 600 to 650 km but you might be tired because of the hot temperature.