If you are planning to prepare to trek Everest Base Camp by yourself, then this article would help you to get a picture of what you might need to pack in your backpack. Packing proper equipment, clothing & quick energy foods will help you to do your trek bit smoothly.
One more important thing, is this plan would fit for the people who are willing to trek solo (without a porter), so what you are carrying throughout the trek should be less in volume, so that you could carry without too much stress.
I’m planning this trek from Bangalore and want this trek to be budget friendly for me. Planning to take a train from Bangalore to Raxaul, then to auto or walk to Birgunj Bus Park, then take a bus to Kathmandu and then take a cab to Salleri. And Salleri is where my trek would start.
During the trek midway, near Namche bazaar, people can leave some luggage and pick it while coming back, it would be even easier to trek at the high altitude terrain.
Let me put out the list, which I'm willing to carry during my trek.
- Trekking Pants (1 wearing and 1 spare)
- Fleece and wool Pant (1)
- Underwear (12)
- Moisture-wicking long-sleeve T-shirts (1 wearing, 2 spare)
- Waterproof Down Jacket (1)
- Thermal wear (1 full sleeve and 1 pant)
- Rain poncho full body cover (1)
- Hiking socks (12 pairs)
- Warm thermal socks (1 pair)
- Hiking boots with ankle support (1 pair)
- Lightweight waterproof Shoes (1 pair)
- Warm thermal hand gloves (1 pair)
- Sunglasses (1)
- Broad hat (1)
- Neck gaiter (2)
- Full face wool cap (1)
- Quick-drying towel (2, medium sized)
- 40 ltr Rucksack bag (1)
- Waterproof cover for bag (1)
- Water bottles (1 ltr each, 1 plastic and 1 metal)
- Sleeping bag (1, -10 or -20 degrees)
- Trekking pole (1)
- Lightweight Stuff sacks (2, 10ltr each)
- Camera with extra memory cards
- Solar panel and one power bank
- Snacks (combine protein & carbs)
- Oral Rehydration salts
- Toilet Paper
- Diamox tablets (optional)
- Soap & Shampoo
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Hand sanitizer
- Earplugs (for sleeping)
- My Playing cards
- Travel insurance (optional)
Above mentioned list of luggage would easily fit into the 40 ltr Rucksack bag, and in the midway of the trek at Namche Bazaar, people can leave some of the luggage (10% - 20% of luggage) and collect it when they coming back.
That all in this article, will come up with another article about the route plan of travel and trek to the Everest base camp. Thanks for reading, I hope this was helpful.