According to the Fourth Schedule (Articles 4(1) and 80(2)) of the Constitution of India, The President of India can nominate 12 members to Rajya Sabha for a term of six-years for their contributions towards Arts, Literature, Sciences, and Social Services.
Maybe earlier most of the South Indian peoples, for this matter all the Indian people might not be aware that The President of India can nominate 12 members to Rajya Sabha. By this incident, in South India, most of the people will come to know that The President of India can nominate members to Rajya Sabha.
From the current Government, it would send a clear picture to the South Indian people that the party is expanding its influence. It is a good message because there are many good things happening in and out of India, which the current Government has done.
Let’s see who are these four people, who are nominated and why this would be a reason for expanding the influence in South India.
- He is an Indian Jain philanthropist and the hereditary Dharmadhikari of the Dharmasthala Temple. He administers the temple and its properties, which are held in the trust for the benefit of devotees and of Dharma.
- He has made a good amount of contribution to the India Culture, like 4,000 palm-leaf manuscripts are preserved and research on them is conducted by scholars for the "Sri Manjunatheshwara Samskrithi Samshodhana Pratishthana".
- He is into Social service, He introduced a rural development project in the coastal area of Karnataka, comprising 600 villages and 6 towns. He runs the Annapoorna kitchen at Dharmasthala which is one of the largest and oldest family-run kitchens in India. The kitchen feeds around 50,000 persons every day.
- He has also contributed to Education, by starting Colleges and Courses.
- She is a retired Indian track and field athlete. She has been associated with Indian athletics since 1979 and she is often called the "Queen of Indian track and field".
- She has been mentoring many young athletes over the past few years, to bring a change in the field of Sports.
- He is an Indian film composer, conductor-arranger, singer and lyricist who works in the Indian film industry, predominantly in Tamil cinema in addition to Telugu cinema.
- He has contributed a lot to the Arts, He has composed more than 7,000 songs, provided film scores for more than 1,400 movies and performed in more than 20,000 concerts.
V. Vijayendra Prasad
- He is an Indian screenwriter and film director known for his works primarily in Telugu cinema, in addition to Kannada, Tamil, and Hindi cinema.
- He has contributed a lot to the Arts, His filmography consists of more than twenty five films as a screenwriter, most of which were commercially successful. His notable work as a screenwriter includes films like the Baahubali franchise, RRR, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Magadheera, and Mersal.
Now let’s few see the responsibilities of the Rajya Sabha members:
- They need to pass the Laws of India in the Rajya Sabha.
- They need to ensure the Government performs its duties satisfactorily.
We saw in the news that few of the earlier nominated Rajya Sabha members didn’t have good attendance in the Rajya Sabha. This might or might not be with these nominated people, But hoping, we see a good progress of the Country and People during their Tenure.