If you are planning to trek Solo to Everest Base Camp by yourself from Bangalore, then this article will help you to get a picture of how to reach Salleri from Bangalore, where Salleri will be the starting point of Trek to Everest Base Camp.
There are many possible routes to reach Kathmandu from Bangalore.
- There are direct flights from Bangalore to Kathmandu and vice versa.
- You also have options to take a stop from different major cities in India
- Train & Bus
- Bus from Bangalore to Hyderabad, then Train from Hyderabad to Raxaul (Nepal Border), then Bus from Nepal Border to Kathmandu.
- Train from Bangalore to Hyderabad, then Train from Hyderabad to Raxaul (Nepal Border), then Bus from Nepal Border to Kathmandu.
- Train from Bangalore to Kolkata, then Train from Kolkata to Raxaul (Nepal Border), then Bus from Nepal Border to Kathmandu.
- Train from Bangalore to nearest City to Nepal Border, then Bus from there to Nepal Border, then Bus from Nepal Border to Kathmandu.
- Train from Bangalore to Delhi & Bus from Delhi to Kathmandu (my preferred choice)
From Kathmandu to Salleri, you have two options of Buses & Jeeps. And Jeep is the best option. They take 12 hrs to reach from Chabahil Chowk, Kathmandu to Salleri.
Below is the suggested and best possible route
- Bangalore to Delhi
- Delhi to Kathmandu
- Kathmandu to Salleri
1. Bangalore to Delhi
- There are many trains available, I suggest taking Train 12213 (Yesvantpur to Delhi Sarai Rohilla AC Duronto Express). You need to book in advance.
- Travel distance is around 2362 KM, and it takes 32 hours and it has only 8 halts in between.
- Get the details of Train 12213 from this link and you can book tickets from this link.
- Train ticket would cost around Rs 3000/- to Rs 3200/-
- This Train will drop you at the Delhi Sarai Rohilla Railway station, and you have to reach Delhi Gate Ambedkar Terminal Bus stop.
- It's a 30 min journey (18 stops) from Railway station to Busstop. Buses are available, It would cost around Rs 10/-
2. Delhi to Kathmandu
- We have buses running from Delhi to Kathmandu, 1 bus each day. You need to book ticket in advance.
- You can book the tickets from the DTC booking site.
- Bus will depart from Ambedkar Terminal Delhi Gate Delhi and will arrive at Swayambhu Manjushree Yatayat, Kathmandu. And Here’s the route of travel.
- Bus ticket would cost around Rs 2800/- to Rs 2900/- and it’s a 30 hour Bus journey.
- You will be crossing the border at Sonauli.
- Here Custom checks will be done, and you should have valid documents and valid luggage.
- You can exchange the currency Indian Rupee to Nepali Rupee. Some have restriction of converting only Rs 25K/-
- You need to show the Covid vaccination certificate or Take a RTCPR test (if applicable)
- Bus will drop you at Shree Manjushree Yatayat Sewa Samiti, Karkhana Chowk, Kathmandu.
- Take a Hostel or Room near the Chabahil Chowk, Thamel, Kathmandu. There are many options to stay at Thamel.
- Here’s the route from where bus drops you Swayambhu to Chabahil Chowk, Thamel
3. Kathmandu to Salleri
- You need to take a Jeep from Chabahil Chowk, Thamel to Phaphlu, Salleri.
- You need to book the ticket for the Jeep a day before, because the Jeep will be starting from 5:30 AM in the morning.
- It is a 12 hour journey m Chabahil Chowk, Thamel to Phaphlu, Salleri and It would cost you around 1400 - 1500 NPR
- You will reach Phaphlu, Salleri around 6:00 PM in the evening
- There are many options for stay, no need to book early. Stay would cost you around 200 NPR.
From Salleri, you can start the trek towards Everest Base camp, the total distance from Salleri to EBC and back to Salleri is around 200 KM. And you might need 20 to 25 days.
In the upcoming article, I will be writing about the route from Salleri to Everest base camp trek. And here’s an article, which will help in the packing stuff for the Everest base camp trek.