A solo trip from Bangalore to Kodaikanal can be a wonderful experience, as you'll get to explore the misty hills, scenic landscapes, and serene lakes of this charming hill station.
Here's a suggested itinerary for your journey
Bangalore -> Salem -> Dindigul -> Kodaikanal -> Salem -> Bangalore
Day 1: Bangalore to Kodaikanal
- Start your trip early in the morning from Bangalore.
- The distance between Bangalore and Kodaikanal is approximately 465 kilometers, and it takes around 8-9 hours by road.
- Take the route via Salem and Dindigul to reach Kodaikanal.
- Enjoy the scenic drive through the Western Ghats, passing through beautiful landscapes and tea estates.
- Reach Kodaikanal by late afternoon or early evening.
- Check into your accommodation and take some time to relax and freshen up.
- In the evening, you can explore the local markets and enjoy a leisurely walk around the picturesque Kodaikanal Lake.
- Spend the night in Kodaikanal.
Day 2: Exploring Kodaikanal
- Start your day by visiting the famous attractions in Kodaikanal.
- Begin with a visit to Coaker's Walk, a picturesque promenade offering panoramic views of the surrounding valleys and hills.
- Head to Bryant Park, a beautifully manicured garden with a wide variety of flowers and plants.
- Visit the Pillar Rocks, a set of three massive rock formations that provide breathtaking views of the surroundings.
- Explore the Green Valley View Point, also known as Suicide Point, which offers stunning views of the verdant valleys and hills.
- In the afternoon, you can visit the enchanting Bear Shola Falls, a seasonal waterfall surrounded by lush greenery.
- If time permits, you can also visit attractions like the Silver Cascade Falls, Dolphin's Nose, or the Kodai Lake View Point.
- In the evening, enjoy a peaceful boat ride on Kodaikanal Lake or indulge in some local shopping.
- Spend another night in Kodaikanal.
Day 3: Outdoor Activities and Departure
- Start your day by experiencing some outdoor activities in Kodaikanal.
- You can go for a nature walk in the beautiful pine forests or enjoy horseback riding around the scenic trails.
- Visit the serene Berijam Lake, located amidst the reserved forest area, and enjoy the tranquility of the surroundings.
- Explore the nearby hill station of Vattakanal, known for its lush green landscapes and stunning viewpoints.
- In the afternoon, start your journey back to Bangalore.
- Reach Bangalore by late evening and conclude your solo trip to Kodaikanal with beautiful memories.
Please note that this itinerary provides a general outline for your trip, and you can modify it according to your preferences and the time you have available. Make sure to check the current travel guidelines, road conditions, and weather forecasts before embarking on your journey. Enjoy your solo adventure in Kodaikanal.