One day trip or Two day trip from Bengaluru to BR Hills and KGudi, If you are Solo riding on a MotorBike or You are a Family driving in a Car, then this two to three days plan works very well to cover places in BR Hills and KGudi.
BR Hills is a Hill range, also a tiger reserve, also a temple of Lord Ranganathaswamy which attracts people to visit BR Hills. Once in two years, the Soliga Tribals present a 1-foot and 9 inches slipper, made of skin, to the deity in Biligiriranga Hills.
KGudi is famous for being a lovely place and loved by many solo travelers, there is a small temple Kyathedevaragudi which this place has got its name KGudi. Also there is a Jungle Lodges guest house at this place.
Bengaluru -> Maddur -> Kollegala -> Yelandur -> BR Hills -> KGudi -> Bangalore
Bengaluru -> Maddur -> Kollegala -> Yelandur -> BR Hills
- Start around 3:00 AM or 3:30 AM in the morning so that you can reach Forest Checkpoint of BR Hills around 6:30 AM or 7:00 AM,
- After you reach Maddur, you need to take a diversion leaving the highway, furthermore you need to take a diversion at Kollegla and Yelandur, before you reach the Forest check post of BR Hills.
- You need to enter the details yourself and your vehicle at the forest checkpost and then enter the forest.
- Early morning views are really nice in the forest, you get to see many deers, monkeys, peacocks, and sometimes elephants.
- Also the climate will be very nice, almost in every season you can see mist here.
- Just before you reach the BR Hills, you get to see a beautiful view point on the mountain (just before the parking lot)
- Visit the Lord Ranganathaswamy temple, a small and nice temple, every year the tribal people will present a 1 feet 9 inches slipper to the god, which is made of skin.
- You can spend some time here and then leave for KGudi.
BR Hills -> KGudi
- From the forest check post to BR Hills you have crossed a forest which was beautiful, now from BR Hills to KGudi, you see even more or better views and dense forest.
- You will cross some tribal people villages, actually there are few tribal villages in the zone. You can explore one of the villages, with help of people from KGudi.
- Once you reach KGudi, you can see a School, a small Lake and Jungle Wilderness camp (resort or lodges).
- Spending time at the Lake, it's very pleasant. Talk to the Tribal people here and you will get to know a different world.
- Visit the School, teachers are friendly, talk to the kids at school.
- Important, don’t put your waste here, carry your waste with you.
- If you want to stay at the Jungle Camp, you need to book before you reach. Check with the resort people sometimes you may get the stay.
KGudi -> Bangalore
- Follow the same return route, try to leave in the evening around 4, you can see the forest in the evening, sometimes it’s scary but it's worth it.
As a motorcycle rider, I felt this KGudi a good and short destination for one day ride, where I can cross, little national highway, then i see little state highway, the a little ghat road, and a little forest road, which will be wonderful experience for a day of time on the weekend.
To conclude, you might have a clear picture of how to plan your trip from Bengaluru to BR Hills and KGudi. Thanks for reading the article, for more travel related articles read our peoples blog articles.