Two days Trip from Bangalore to Tirumala to Bangalore, If you are a couple riding on bike or you are a family driving in car, then this two days plan works very well. Below is the route mentioned where you can plan accordingly. You can book the Dharshna Tickets & Stay via Online Booking or you can get it once you reach their based on the Crowd on Tirumala.
Tirumala is one of the Hindu pilgrimage town which is the abode of Lord Venkateswara. In ancient literature Tirupati is mentioned as Aadhi Varaha Kshetra. The Puranas associate the site with Lord Varaha, one of the Dashavatara of Lord Vishnu. In Varaha Purana, Venkatadri is believed to be a part of Mount Meru, which was brought on to the earth from Vishnu's abode Vaikuntam by his mount Garuda. The seven peaks represent the seven heads of Adisesha.
Bangalore -> Hoskote Toll Plaza -> Tirupathi -> Tirumala (Ram Bagicha Parking / Your Stay)
Map - https://goo.gl/maps/KH14RxqR9kqVcCrc7
Time & Distance: 4 hr - 5 hr (260 km) - Including small breaks
Bangalore -> Hoskote Toll Plaza -> Tirupathi
- Leaving Bangalore early in the morning would be good choice, so that you would be reaching by 9:00 AM or 10:00 AM.
- Roads are very good, overall 220 KM road is a highway four lane road. So driving will not be a problem, and you can maintain 100 KM/hr - 110 KM/hr cruising speed.
- Their are few hotels on the way and also small fast food points, where you have quick grab of food.
It will be a better choice, If Dharshna is planned evening around 6:00 PM, you might get out of the temple by 9:00 PM or 10:00 PM OR plan for Early morning dharshna around 3:00 AM - 6:00 AM.
- You can explore Tirupathi on first day, Their are few places to visit like Srinivasa Mangapuram, Tirupati Zoo, Regional Science Center, Sri Venkateswara Vedic University, Sriharidham, Kapila Theertham & Tiruchanur Sri Padmavati Ammavaru.
Note: Driving on the hill between Tirupathi & Tirumala, is only allowed from 3 AM – 10 PM.
Tirupathi -> Tirumala
- Reach Alipiri (entrance to Tirumala Hill), their will be a regular check of your vehicle and luggage.
- 18.6 KM drive both the ways and their are two different roads for each Upside and Downside - https://goo.gl/maps/AyfWWHWJf5LiHckX9
- If you haven't booked the Stay at Tirumala, you have to reach CRO Office Tirumala and can book the stay, you will get rooms for 24 hrs with a cost ranging from 50/- to 1000/- AC/NON-AC for two people.
- Best places to stay in Tirumala will be staying nearby temple, so that its walkable. Their are few stays like Ram Bagicha, Nandakam & Varahaswami complex.
- Laddu counters can be found very easily, once you get out of temple on the left side you can see the way. You will get extra laddu's and vadda's from the second floor counters.
- Explore the temples on the Tirumala Mada street around Srivari Temple.
- There are many more places to visit on Tirumala like Swami Pushkarini, Sri Bhu Varaha Swamy temple, Sri Hathiramjee Mutt, Sri Bedi Anjaneya Swamy temple, Srivari Sikhara Darshanam, Sila Thoranam, Dharmagiri, Narayangiri, Papavinasanam, Akasa Ganga water falls, Temple Museum, Asthana Mandapams and Gogarbham Gardens. You can cover few of them.
- Also there are several teerthams in Tirumala, some of them are Pandava Teertham, Kumaradhara Teertham, Tumbhuru Teertham, Ramakrishna Teertham, Chakra Teertham, Vaikuntha Teertham, Sesha Teertham, Sitamma Teertham, Pasupu Teertham, Jupali Teertham, Sanaka Sanandana Teertham. Important festivals that are held at the teerthams are -Kumaradhara Magha Pournami, Ramakrishna Pushya Pournami Tumbhuru Phalguna Pournami, Chakra Karthika Masa – Ksheerabdhi Dwadasi.
On return journey to Bangalore, its the same route. Hope you like the trip plan from Bangalore to Tirumala. Thank you for reading, please post if any suggestions on comments.