Nowadays in this busy life, good sleep is very rare for all kinds of generations.
Late night sleep, watching phones and computers till late at night makes our sleep very difficult.
Everyone has to sleep for at least 7 to 9 hours per night. Good sleep makes the mind calm and relaxed, even a fresh day starts with good sleep.
Hormone called melatonin is produced by the brain and helps to get sleep faster. Few people usually don't get sleep when the light is on, because melatonin is not properly produced as light activates the body and mind to be active.
Night sleeping is very important as one third of our life is sleep only. Lack of sleep continues to be a big problem which may lead to depression and mental problems.
Poor sleep is a cause for mental health problems like anxiety and depression. It directly affects people's day to day life by reducing happiness, concentration, memory, peace and calmness, mood disturbance etc.
Types of sleep
- Rapid eye movement (REM) sleep
- Non-REM sleep
Precautions or Tips to take to have a good sleep
- During the night, have dinner 2-3 hours before you sleep.
- Better avoid or don’t do any exercise after having dinner or before you sleep.
- You can have a good walk after your dinner.
- Prefer to sleep on a comfortable bed mattress.
- You can count 1-100 numbers, in case you aren’t getting sleep.t
- Pleasant music or reading books would also help to get good sleep.
- If possible, make your bedroom look like an open sky or with a ceiling designed as sky.
- For few people, 5-10 min of meditation before sleep will help to get better sleep.
- Brush your teeth before sleep, this keeps your mouth fresh, this will have an adverse effect on your mind, which helps people to get good sleep.
In case you aren’t getting enough sleep or good sleep, better you consult any physician.
Overall, people should remember that sleep is not a waste of time, because it's nearly half the time you live alive.