If you are finding the tips to trust yourself more, generally at first it is better to know yourself and what you need will be a great start. Also spending some quality time alone will help you to achieve this.
You might have come across stuff where you lose trust in yourself or sometimes stop yourself to build the trust. Because of this you may make wrong decisions or not be able to make decisions at all, So you get others opinions instead of taking your own opinion.
And to start building trust in yourself, you need to explore your boundaries and some skills which will make yourself important to you. Listening to your own needs will help to reconnect to yourself, take time for self care and be kind to yourself. At the end it is your life.
Ideally you get a new confidence in yourself, by reconnecting with yourself. It might not be that easy for you, but trust yourself, practice will make it happen for you.
Help to reconnect to yourself (Trust your gut instinct)
- Initially you might feel difficulty to reconnect to yourself, because you might have come across such experiences in the part that made you lose trust within you.
- Here I say, Trust your gut feel. Think for yourself, like what would be your opinion in a case which you want to deal with. You need to trust your gut feel and face whatever comes out of it.
- Here you will have a learning curve or a failure or a success, but you will pass through it with your gut instinct so that you gain trust within yourself.
- Let's say you failed because of your gut instinct decision. It is okay to fail, you can always learn from it. And remember you failure is just another step to success. But the important thing here is, you have taken the decision; it was your choice or opinion.
- You can stand by your choice or opinion which you have made. Here you get to build a lot of trust within yourself.
Help with Self care (Set some agenda)
- Having an agenda or plan for yourself, may be a personal goal. This will help you to start and run towards achieving them, which will help to build trust within you.
- You need to be very clear on the agenda, because the list of goals which you gonna prepare for yourself must be
- Must be measurable
- Very specific which you can achieve
- It should be realistic.
- Also it should be timely
- Setting a goal, which comes within the above boundary for yourself will help you to achieve. And in return will build trust within you
- And importantly, having non-realistic goals will not help you, rather will create more problems for yourself.
- It is okay to have smaller goals but it needs to be realistic and specific of what you can do. So once you achieve it, it builds some trust within you and later will help to pick bigger ones.
In addition to the above ones, you can also spend time alone or spend time in mastering some skills, which will help you to build trust.
Actually having self trust is an important life skill that helps you have confidence and a sense of competence.