What does confessing something, which concerns you, to one who cares about you, does to your life? Confession means when you admit that you have done something wrong. Here, we have our fellow being Anand, who had an argument with his brother over property issues and ended up not interacting with his brother for years.
After 10 years, when he had gone for a health checkup, he got news saying that he won't live for long as he is diagnosed with Brain tumour.
This devastates him and he wants to set things right in his life. He calls up his brother and sets his ego aside, confesses his wrong doing and they were back to their good old days way back.
Some insights that one can take after being exposed to such experiences of our fellow human beings,
- Thinking about our last day motivates us to make the right decisions.
- Having an open conversation with loved ones makes us live a better life, and in a way, a better person.
- By keeping one's ego aside, a broader perspective of things is possible.
- One can be set himself or herself free from fears and disappointments in life.
- Accepting flaws of others and embracing their good, does much good to one self.
- Acknowledging the care shown by others.
- By not worrying about small stuff - keeping little things little.
- Appreciating the present and living it mindfully.
- Confessing will keep us away from disturbing memories and regrets in life.
Quote to ponder over
Ethics is knowing difference between what you have a right to do & what is right to do.