Pudina Chutney is a flavorful condiment and aromatic chutney to serve with rice, mudde, idli, dosa. Pudina Chutney can also be served with snacks like bonda, bajji too.
People sometimes are confused pudina chutney with mint chutney or green chutney that is served along with chats and tandoori platter, but it's not the same which we serve with rice or mudde or idle, and this chutney is more authentic and flavourful with the addition of small onion and garlic.
Pudina Chutney can be prepared with easily available ingredients in your kitchen pantry and is quick to prepare as well.
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Urad Dal
- 1 teaspoon Chana Dal
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 8 - 10 small Onion
- 2 big Garlic
- 3 Green Chillies
- 2 cups Mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp tamarind
- 2 tablespoon coconut
- Few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- And water
How to prepare?
- Take a medium frying pan and put in 1 teaspoon Oil, then add 1 teaspoon Urad Dal and 1 teaspoon Chana Dal, fry until turned into a bit of brown (edible cooked). Take them into a separate pan and keep aside.
- In the same medium frying pan add onions, garlic and green chillies, fry them well, then add mint leaves and fry a bit. Wait until it shrinks. Take them into a separate pan and keep aside.
- In the same medium frying pan add coconut and tamarind and fry a bit, until it turns light brown or before light brown. Take them into a separate pan and keep aside.
- Wait till all the three are cooled.
- Take a mixer, and add all the stuff and add required water with salt, then grind it until you get it as a consistent mixture. Take the mixture into a bowl.
- Take the fry pan and add some oil and a few mustard seeds. Let it fry a bit and add curry leaves. Take the fried ones and add to the mixture which is in the bowl.
- And at last mix the chutney well and your Pudina Chutney is ready. It's ready to be served.
Variations to try!
People can skip adding the mustard seed part and instead add the raw onion and mix well. This tastes a bit raw and yummy,
Hope you have got tasty food out of this recipe. Thanks for reading the article, do look out for different recipes in our Peoples BLOG articles.