Raw mango chutney is a flavorful condiment made with raw mangos, coriander leaves, onions and some spices. Raw Mango Chutney is a must-try recipe when raw mangoes are in season. Raw mangoes are packed with minerals and vitamins and are good to beat the summer heat.
This raw mango chutney aids digestion and enhances the taste, aroma, and nutrition of any dish. We usually have this raw mango chutney with rice & sometimes with ragi mudde.
I am sharing my recipe of the best raw mango chutney, for serving 2 people.
- Raw Mango - 2 small or 1 medium sized unripe raw mango.
- Coriander leaves - some fresh leaves.
- Onions - 2 small onions chopped.
- Spices - 4 - 5 dried chilies.
- Salt as required
How to cook?
- Wash the raw mangos in the running water. Then cut the mangoes into small chunks and then discard its seed. Now you have the chopped pieces of raw mangoes in a bowl.
- Take a Mixer/Grinder, And add the chopped mango pieces to it. And add few of the chopped onions pieces into it.
- Grind them until you it grinds to medium coarse paste.
- Next, add the coriander leaves and chilies to the medium coarse paste. And Grind it to a smooth paste.
Now, chutney paste is ready which is raw. Next you have to cook it.
- Put on the Stove, Take a blow, And add two table spoons of cooking oil into it. And add mustard seeds, Curry leaves to it and fry it.
- Next add leftover chopped onions & salt. Then fry it untill the raw taste is gone.
- Next add the grinded smooth chutney paste and fry it well until raw taste is gone.
Raw mango Chutney is ready which is having perfectly balanced sour & spicy.
Variations to try..
You can make some variations in the recipe, to make bit different which suits your taste, like adding Coconut or Grownut or other spices which have a combination for sour.
In case if you are adding Coconut or Grownut, get these grinded along with the raw mangoes and rest of the cooking process is same as said.
Hope you have a got a tasty food out of this recipe. Thanks for reading the article, do look out for different recipes in our Peoples BLOG articles.