Here's a recipe for homemade pizza:
For the Pizza Dough:
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ¼ teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, instant yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Gradually add the warm water while stirring the mixture.
- Knead the dough for about 5-7 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the dough and coat it well.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let the dough rise in a warm place for about 1-2 hours or until it doubles in size.
For the Pizza Sauce:
- 1 can (14 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
For Assembling and Baking the Pizza:
- Prepared pizza dough
- Prepared pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice (such as sliced pepperoni, diced bell peppers, sliced onions, sliced mushrooms, etc.)
- Olive oil for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 475°F (245°C) or the temperature recommended for your pizza dough.
- Punch down the risen dough and divide it into desired portions for the size of pizzas you want to make.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion of dough into a round or rectangular shape, depending on your preference.
- Transfer the rolled dough onto a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread a layer of the prepared pizza sauce on the dough, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Add your desired toppings on top of the cheese.
- Lightly brush the exposed edges of the dough with olive oil for a golden crust.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Your homemade pizza is now ready to be enjoyed. Customize it with your favorite toppings and get creative with different flavors. Serve it hot and savor the deliciousness.