Here's a recipe for Veg Kurma, a creamy and flavorful Indian dish made with mixed vegetables:
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (carrots, beans, potatoes, peas, cauliflower, etc.), chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, slit lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 cup yogurt (curd)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai over medium heat. Add fennel seeds, cumin seeds, and coriander seeds. Sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the chopped onions and green chilies. Sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they become soft and mushy.
- In a blender or grinder, grind the grated coconut and cashew nuts into a smooth paste by adding a little water.
- Add the coconut-cashew paste to the pan and mix well.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the pan and mix well to coat them with the spice mixture.
- Cover the pan and cook on low heat until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. It may take around 15-20 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add garam masala and yogurt. Mix well and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Adjust the consistency by adding more water if needed. Simmer for a few minutes until the flavors are well combined.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Your homemade Veg Kurma is now ready to be served. It pairs well with roti, naan, rice, or dosa. Enjoy this creamy and delicious dish.