Andhra Style Pachi chintakaya pachadi (Green raw tamarind pickle) is an age-old dish, which is generally eaten with Rice & some also eaten with Ghee for even better taste. As we Indians love the tangy & sweetish taste of pickle, this delicious Pachi chintakaya pachadi is enjoyed by all age groups and in fact, the recipe is one among the famous Indian dishes.
This dish also has many health benefits, because of its antioxidants & dietary fibers. Also if one is suffering from cold and fever this pachadi would provide the required Vitamin C to cure them.
And selection of the right raw tamarind is very essential in preparing this pickle because it shouldn’t be too tender or way too mature. If you want to prepare this pickle today, then follow the steps below mentioned.
- 15 Raw Tamarinds
- 7 spoons of Oil
- 30 Dry red chillies
- 1 spoon Salt
- 1 spoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 spoon Fenugreek seeds
- 3 Green chilli
- 1 spoon Tempering seeds
- 4 Dry Red chillies
- 12 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 cup Curry Leaves
How to prepare?
1. Wash, drain and chop tamarind into small pieces
- Wash the Chintakaya thoroughly for 2 to 3 times till water comes clear.
- Put the Chintakaya on a dry kitchen cloth for drying. Let it completely dry.
- Then, Chop the chintakaya into pieces. (make sure you have removed the chintakaya seeds)
2. Fry all the spices
- Put a pan on the stove with medium flame. Add oil, dry red chillies, fry them & keep aside.
- Add the raw chintakaya pieces and fry for 2 minutes until they become soft. Add salt & mix well. Take all the fried chintakaya pieces into a bowl & keep aside.
- Add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds & fry until the seeds splutter & keep aside.
- Add green chilli & fry for a minute & keep aside.
3. Blending the fried chintakaya & fried spices
- Take a blender jar, add all the fried red chilli, green chilli, cumin seeds & fenugreek seeds. Blend them coarsely.
- Then add the fried tamarind pieces to the same blender jar. And blend all of them coarsely.
- Take all the blended stuff into a bowl & keep aside.
4. Tempering for raw tamarind pickle
- In the same hot pan add oil, add tempering seeds, add some red chilli, add some garlic cloves and add some curry leaves and let them splutter.
- Add blended raw chintakaya stuff to the pan & mix well. Check the taste and add salt if needed, then switch off the flame.
- Pachi chintakaya pachadi is ready to serve.
For the entire preparation it might take nearly 30 - 45 min. And at the end, Serve the most South Indian famous Andhra Style Pachi chintakaya pachadi with hot rice and ghee.