Andhra Style Pachi Pulusu Recipe is a thin rasam made with freshly extracted tamarind water and mixed with sliced onions and freshly cut coriander leaves. Comfort food at its best when served with some steamed rice for a simple meal.
It is a different way of creating a rasam that has been followed by the people from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. This rasam is not heated and rather prepared directly with squeezed tamarind water, sliced onions, roasted green chilli, and fresh coriander leaves. The rasam is a specialty in those places and it is made very spicy, and thin. Sometimes when there is a huge production of raw mango during the summer, the tamarind pulp is replaced by the stewed raw mango.
Serve the Pachi Pulusu Recipe along with hot steamed rice, palya to relish your lunch meals.
- 2 cups of Tamarind water with a thick consistency
- 1 onion, made into small pieces using hand
- 8 green Chillies
- Coriander leaves
- Garlic, which is crushed into finer slices
- Salt, as needed
How to prepare?
- First, we shall fry the chilies in a pan till it is slightly roasted. Put them into a bowl.
- Second, take the tamarind water, add chillies and squeeze the chillies into the tamarind water using fingers till they are completely squeezed and made into smaller pieces.
- Now, add onions to the above-prepared content and mix them well.
- Add garlic to it and mix well with other ingredients.
- Add salt to it as required and coriander leaves as required.
Now, you can serve this pulusu with hot cooked rice for great taste.
As a side dish, we can have roasted peanuts which adds a great feeling to it.
Variations to try..
In addition to the above-given steps, we can add a few more things to make it more delicious.
- Heat a small pan, add little oil, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and allow it to splutter for 5 seconds.
- Now, add curry leaves, hinge, red chilies, crushed garlic, and curry leaves to crackle for 5 seconds. Let this cool down a bit and transfer this content to the tamarind solution prepared.
- Serve the Pachi Pulusu Recipe along with hot steamed rice.